Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ending the month better than it began....

This is my second attempt at writing this - I had it nearly done, and suddenly "Poof! - Gone!" Was it me? Was it someone changing things at Google? Who knows ?

Anyway, our weather is a little better now than at the start of the month, and this January seemed to me to have a steadier stretch of colder cloudy and foggy weather than we usually get around here. I don't doubt the reality of global warming, but it seems selective about where it happens. These cold spells around here prompt people to light fireplaces, and just across the street here there is a low-rise complex of several multi-unit buildings, with more than fifty chimneys. Most of those in cold weather belch out foul-smelling smoke that sure doesn't smell like the real wood fires of years ago. These manufactured fireplace fuels are not good for the chimneys, and create terrible fumes for breathing. I'm always delighted when the weather warms enough so that those fireplaces aren't being used so steadily.



No comments:

Post a Comment