Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A handy freebie for hard drive partitions...

Some of our newest computers have really large hard drives, and if you ever wanted to be able to re-partition or re-format one, then I've discovered a handy free program that does all that.
I hasten to add that I highly recommend you download and read the PDF 'User Guide', before jumping into modifying your hard disk's configuration. I didn't do that this morning, and as a result, gave myself a good scare when unexpected things began showing up. All's well that ends well though, and thanks to the self-diagnostics built into Windows 7, it recovered nicely from whatever I did wrong while dividing the single partition of the drive into two parts. Now that everything's up and running again, and the active partition has been defrag'd it is OK again. But do "read the directions".....preferably beforehand, not afterward.

You can find the program HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment