Monday, February 23, 2009

Once again, we've missed Carnival in Rio....

But thanks to the Internet, we can still see the pictures, and get some idea of what it might be like to actually be there (expensive!) and be enjoying it in person.

Moving right along here, tomorrow's the 24th, and my spies tell me that's the day Microsoft will begin sending out test downloads to some of us Windows 7 beta users, to verify their system of updating and presumably our individual program's ability to respond correctly. And on that, I'd just like to say that Windows 7 beta has been working better for me than some of the previous Windows operating systems in their finished retail versions. I'm just guessing here, but I'd say Windows 7 is very nearly ready for 'Prime Time', or at the least RC1. And that might have something to do with why Microsoft will be sending out test downloads and confirming that we're receiving them alright. Again, just my own guess, Folks. But I really like this Windows 7, and I predict that it's going to be a real winner, assuming that the boys in the back rooms at Microsoft don't get carried away and improve it to death before its release. To them, I would say, "Restrain yourselves, Kids - this isn't Vista - Thank God!"



No comments:

Post a Comment