Thursday, February 26, 2009

Spring hasn't quite sprung....and other stuff

This is the view from my window a few minutes before 8:00 a.m. this morning, and I have to ask "Whatever happened to 'global warming' ?" It's nearly March, and usually that means the spring flowers are starting to bloom. This is still 'snuggies weather' around here....

I've just slogged my way through most of a long, long rant by a whole bunch of pseudo-intellectual semi-geeks babbling on about consistencies of design in computer operating systems, which you can find here and the one thing that jumped out at me as I was reading these comments is that here's a bunch of guys, including a few who work at designing software, and too many of them can't even spell their words correctly! The only thing they seem to be really good at is throwing shit at those who do.

I've only been playing with a computer since mid-2004, at which point I had already been retired for 16 years, and was presumably 'set in my ways' - but I'm still able to adapt to new technologies and new ways of doing things. I have to wonder why these bitchers aren't able to get with the program and go with the flow. Sometimes, the Squeaking Wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets the boot.


No comments:

Post a Comment