Friday, March 13, 2009

Another new roof arrives across the street...

These guys have this right down to a science. They've now re-roofed five low-rise apartment blocks in the complex across the back street, and it's a pleasure to watch them work. Now that I'm retired myself, work fascinates me - I can watch it for hours!

I made an interesting discovery today, while re-connecting the Wacom Tablet which I've been moving from the old computer to the new one as it's needed. There's a handwriting feature included in Windows 7, which lets you write in a little skinny window something the same as you would write on a lined piece of paper, using your Tablet Pen. As you write, the program automatically converts your handwriting into printing, and you can edit it by using some buttons along the top of that little window. There are pop-ups which explain what those do as you click on them, and it shows you how to make your corrections. For example, to erase something in your line of handwritten text, just draw a solid line through it. If I had a computer designed for Touch on the monitor, I could also make corrections using a finger instead of tapping the pen on those buttons, and I could also use an on-screen keyboard if I wished. Ah, the marvels of science! It sure beats the old Etch-a-Sketch. Windows 7 is full of neat surprises. And did I mention, about that Wacom Tablet, it was made for use on my XP machine, and Windows 7 works with it even better than the XP does! You've gotta love it.

Enjoy your weekend, Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment