Monday, March 2, 2009

The latest statistics on Operating Systems....

I was just surfing for this information, and I came across another site that must be a spoof of this one in the image above. It looked the same, but the data in the chart was different, and not as detailed as these folks usually are. So I Googled them again, and got the right one this time.

This shows Windows 7 on the list, and I can't help noticing, we're in between Windows 98 and Windows Millennium, which I fervently hope isn't prophetic! Windows 98 was the one I started my computer learning on, and Windows Millennium nearly finished it. Microsoft's logos frequently used 'Windows Me' for Millennium, and after I'd used it for a while, I'd look at that and say "Not Me!" Fortunately, I soon discovered XP Pro, and then I got serious about trying to learn how this is done.

Speaking of which, the above screen-shot may look different today. That's because it's from this XP machine, for a change. I've been using the Windows 7 one so much lately, I'm almost forgetting the XP routines... Not that I want to, just yet. As you can see above, XP is still right up there, and with very good reason - it's a hell of a good program. But I have a feeling that Windows 7 is going to take over that spot in the near future, as soon as Microsoft fixes its last two or three bugs, and puts it in a nice fancy box, and makes us an offer we can't refuse on it. (And don't I wish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment