Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mixed Cursors = Windows 7 + Vista + XP

Today, I've been "fine-tuning" my active cursors file in Windows 7, and made an interesting discovery. If you wish, you can mix and match cursor items from the official ( and unofficial) sets made for Windows 7, Vista, and XP Pro. I've always liked the "3D Bronze" from XP Pro, and as you'll notice in the above screen-shot, I've now got that mouse pointer working with parts of two other sets, as my present active set of mouse cursors. So just because you're using the next version of Windows, it doesn't mean you can't keep using something you liked from a previous version - within limits, of course, because some things from the old days are best left behind. Your favourite cursors don't have to be one of those, however.

And if you want those official XP cursors, look here for a zip under the paragraph titled 'Resolution'.

No comments:

Post a Comment