Thursday, March 26, 2009

Monsieur Beep writes from rainy Germany...

... to say that it's fun reading other people's diaries, you know.

Jawohl, Monsieur - and very informative, too. Since I discovered computers in August of 2004, and got into whatever makes them tick, I've opened up a whole other world out there that I didn't even realize existed. I had no idea what can be learned from surfing the wild, wild web.

For example, I didn't know that things are so tough in Russia these days that all those sweet young things over there have to go naked whenever the weather's warm enough, and stay indoors the rest of the time :)

And thanks to our friend Eolake, I've also learned what girls look like in their natural state, and without a lot of plastic add-ons. My one regret is that all this vital information comes at a time in my life when I'm absolutely invisible to anyone not already collecting the old age pension - and how many OAPs have you ever seen that really ring your chimes? With the possible exception of Raquel Welch (69) or maybe Brigitte Bardot (75) or perhaps Susan Sarandon (63) of 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' fame.

I have trouble believing that 'BB' is 75, but then I'm going to be 77 myself in a few more months, if I don't get hit by a bus beforehand. And that's not too likely, because I avoid buses every chance I get. To me, they`re nothing but hazards to navigation while I`m trying to get someplace down the street.

But to get back to `reading` you should hope I don`t decide to document my adventures tomorrow, when I go to the Ultrasound Department at the local hospital, for a biopsy on the prostate - or as I prefer to think of it, being shot in the ass to save the hide - we hope!
I get all puckery just thinking about it....

2 comments:

  1. Good idea to do the annual (anual???) check-up!
    Wishing you all the best from cloudy Germany for that.

    We call that part which employs the doctor's digit finger "Hafenrundfahrt", ie boat trip around the harbour, hehehe.

    Looking forward to following your journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 6:00 AM here right now, and my
    'procedure' as they call it begins at 9:00 AM. Why am I up so early?
    Because you can't have anything but clear fluids the day before, and nothing the day of the exam until it is over, and it is very difficult to get to sleep when you are nervous, worried, and hungry.
    Thanks for your good wishes - I need all I can get of that. I had one of these just 10 months ago, and since then the PSA level has risen from 7.4 to 14, and I can't help thinking there's a connection between that and the eight holes that were punched in me the first time. If you had something in a container that you didn't want to
    spread outside it, would you punch eight holes in the container? That's what's been happening. I'm no doctor, but I'm no idiot either.
    Now, all I have to do is convince that urologist that I can read the Merck Manual as well as he can.

    ReplyDelete