Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's election time in Beautiful British Columbia again

And it's basically the 'same-old, same-old' - there's only two choices: The Good Guys, and the bad guys, and there's really only one thing we're arguing about, and that's which is which....

I used to get all excited at election times, and fire off impassioned 'letters to the Editor', and rant & rave about this or that hot issue, but I've mellowed in my old age, partly because I finally realized that nobody's worth getting a heart attack over, and the guys I was ranting about didn't even know I exist. So why bother?

Dear Editor at the Vancouver Sun did a nice editorial about all this election stuff, in which we are almost begged not to consider this just another election and tune it out. I sent her a nice short little email saying "Just watch me!" In the past 40 years, I've heard it all and seen most of it, and I'm here to tell you that if voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal !

No comments:

Post a Comment