Thursday, April 2, 2009

What does 'depression' look like.....

Pretty much like this, which is looking uphill at the eastern parts of British Properties in West Vancouver on a very un-spring-like April morning at about 6:40 A.M., as daylight creeps into the old swamp down here in the valley, where us peasants live and toil valiantly. It's almost comforting to see that the rich and famous, including our sole billionaire (if he's home) are getting the same miserable weather that has the rest of us cussing into our Starbucks today.
Welcome to the next Ice Age, Kiddies! Maybe that old Eskimo who taught me about life in the Arctic while I was up north 41 years ago was right after all - everything comes in cycles. And he didn't mean bicycles or motorcycles because he'd never seen either one. He meant that no matter what, the natural unfolding of the universe goes on, with or without our interference, and it will be easier for us if we co-operate with it instead of thinking we're in charge.
Enjoy your day, Everyone.... or try to, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sending you a few sun rays from here, it's nice and warm during the day (thanks to the gulf stream? - Aren't we the same latitude?)
    So you lived in the North? Please tell me more, I'm interested in the North, and the bush and life in a log cabin. I've read the books by Kathrene Pinkerton, who lived in the wilderness with her husband for 5 years as writers.
    Btw, you can find my photostream on flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/mister-beep/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sunshine, but it only lasted for about 20 minutes...and there's more fresh snow on the top halves of the mountains around here today. Spring must be cancelled.

    I should maybe do a blog about your request for information, because the north that I'm speaking of was far above the tree line, in the real arctic, where there's nothing but miles and miles of miles and miles.
    It's like suddenly landing on the Moon or Mars if you've spent all your life in the forested parts of the globe further south. I wasn't there too long, but it was very interesting while I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds cool!

    Those sunrays which I sent to you were bargain sunrays, which obviously didn't last very long, as with most cheap stuff.......

    Have a good weekend, do take care.

    ReplyDelete