Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm not alone in my opinion of Windows 7

The Houston Chronicle's technology guru agrees with my opinion of Windows 7 RC. He says that if this RC was released to manufacturing right now, the resulting product would still be better than Vista was when it was first released in a retail version in early 2007.

This is a very nice O/S, and the only problem I've had with it is the rare bug where it hangs during downloading of images from my camera's SDHC card, during the 'Erase' cycle. Instead of completing the erase, it hangs and leaves the images on it. I then have to use the camera's own erase feature to clear the card. But this happens much less often with the RC than it did with the betas before it. Otherwise, this is a very nice system to use, and if your hardware is good enough for all its features, it is a very enjoyable experience. My only real concern now is how much it will cost when it hits the stores. I hope I can afford it because after all this testing, I've got quite attached to it. I've also found several third-party programs that enhance its convenience with additional features, like this one for example. I use it quite a lot. You should try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment