Saturday, May 23, 2009

More this and that....

Before you ask, I have no idea what these flowers are. We have a gardening crew here and they raise a wide variety of wonderful things, including this little flowering shrub in a big clay pot next to one of the reflecting pools out front. All I do is take these pictures of them which I hope you enjoy.

One thing I've noticed about the RC version of Windows 7 is that there aren't as many of those multi-background themes as there were for the earlier betas. I like those slideshow-like themes with the changing backgrounds. I hope the final version includes some of them. I can make my own, but I'd prefer that someone else did.

I got into one of those forums about Windows 7 a few days ago, and gave them my story about the graphics card and changing to a better one. One of the others on there said that it didn't seem like a graphics card problem, but didn't offer any more information - so I don't know what else I might look at for that. Changing to the new card cured my problems with not being able to enable the Desktop Window Manager - which will shut down automatically if there aren't sufficient resources for running it. I think that's what was happening, because the change to a newer and better card restored it to normal functioning again, and the Aero effects are all back. The new card, however, isn't rating all that much higher on the Windows
Experience Index which tests your system for its ability to run the various functions.

I also notice that this CPU gadget on the sidebar is only showing a total of 3327 Mb for Ram and there's 4 Gb installed, so nearly a quarter of it isn't showing up on there. I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment