Tuesday, June 16, 2009

More Windows 7 leaked builds...

My spies tell me that this new background image is the biggest visible change in the latest series of build leaks from Microsoft. Those are now up to build 7260, and the most recent ones are all in a format for use on virtual machines, and aren't in the usual ISO Image format. So we are all being advised to just ignore all that, and stick with our RC version 7100 until the final release to manufacturing is created. Why waste time re-installing the operating system if you can't see any visible changes? There are some, if you know where to look, but mostly it's in the unseen parts that the latest improvements are. I like the RC just fine as it is. And I'm not looking forward to that new background wallpaper - as someone said on a posting about it, it's about as subtle as an elephant in your living room. And who needs that?

2 comments:

  1. I generally use photos from my flickr friends as a wallpaper, and from Eo.
    I swap them from time to time.
    I'm very happy with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wallpaper is usually my own photos
    or sometimes landscapes from the web.
    One thing I like about Windows 7 is that you can create your own themes,
    and for the background wallpaper, you can have several images which can be set to change at regular intervals, from minutes to hours, like a slow slide show.

    One site where there are some nice scenery pictures is that of Alfred Molon, at http://www.molon.de

    ReplyDelete