Friday, June 26, 2009

Windows 7 Pre-order sale....

I have a couple of things to gripe about with this deal: First, I think they ought to check the exchange rate on currency, because I don't think $50 U.S. equals $65.00 Canadian; and secondly, the Canadian website seems to be dragging its ass compared to its U.S. counterpart, because on the U.S. website, their resellers and Microsoft Store were shown as early as about 10:00 p.m., June 25th.

The Canadian Microsoft website however does show a list of their standard resellers, and by checking some of those, I was able to find two or three who did have purchasing information available for Windows 7 pre-orders. Not all of them listed both the Home Premium and the Professional versions however. One only lists the Home Premium. That's probably going to be the best seller anyway, because it gives you the best bang for the buck. The Professional version includes about three more features which most of us at home can live without, and probably will - including me. I ordered the Home Premium version, for a total cost of $72.75 from Staples. There's a limited number available, and I'm sure they will all be gone before the deadline of July 11 rolls around, so if you want a copy, better do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment