Monday, August 24, 2009

Some days start wrong but improve...

After I stumbled out of bed this morning, I decided to rinse off my glasses so I could see better for the next part of my wake-up routine, which is making a hot cup of coffee. I turned on the tap, held the glasses under the stream, and the left lens promptly fell out and landed near the drain. We can blame that on a short length of monofilament fishing line which is used in a groove along the underside of each lens, to hold it snugly into the upper metal portion of the frame. It broke where it goes into the metal frame.

All the way over to the optometry office where Doctor Deb and her crew keep us all seeing well or looking better or however you want to put it, I was worrying about possibly having to use my older previous prescription for several days while the latest was sent to the lab again for repairs. I worried for nothing. The lady on the adjustments desk ( the 'Fixer-Upper Lady') said, "Have a seat, and I'll fix these right now." Within about five minutes, I was on my way again, glasses repaired, and the old ones packed away in the case. While she was fixing the frame, we were talking, and she mentioned that Doctor Deb had just said that this year is her 25th in business. It's also my 25th of getting my glasses from her company. She does good work and I hope she continues to enjoy it for as long as she likes.



2 comments: