Thursday, August 27, 2009

This isn't a new house - it's a make-work project!

I snapped this just as the dust was blowing away from the rocks that tumbled out of that big truck this afternoon. This new house has been under construction now for over a year, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'll live long enough to see it finished and sold and occupied.

And I'm wondering where they will put those huge rocks, which are too large to be moved by manpower alone, and why they'd import such rocks, when most home owners would rather get rid of things like that. Obviously, these will end up as some kind of decorative landscaping but where and how remain to be seen. A couple of them are half the size of my first Volkswagen beetle - a 1957 Deluxe. Great little car! It could do everything but keep you warm in winter. But when the going got tough, it was better than a jeep. The modern-day copy of it is a hollow imitation. You simply don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

1 comment:

  1. I owned a beetle from 1972 to 1999 or so. I drove it rather, because I owned 3 different beetles, the last one coming from Mexico. The first was used and white, the other two were new and red. Never had troubles, did all servicing by myself.
    But it´s with Win 7: Once you have a (modern) car, you wish the old one to pieces. Yes the beetles stank, yes it had a pretty high fuel consumption, and yes, it was cold in the winter. And it was loud.
    I love my modern Corsa C. My next new car won´t have a combustion engine any more, it´ll be electric.

    Or I´ll go by bike. If only I wouldn´t love driving so much....

    Have a good weekend, Ray.

    ReplyDelete