Thursday, August 20, 2009

This just in from a friend at Emco...


Exchanging email lately with the nice folks at EMCO, the subject of suggestions came up, so I rather hastily suggested an unlocking tool for files and folders to which we are denied access. I got a very nice email back this morning from Igor at their IT & Support Center in Kharkiv, Ukraine saying he appreciates my kind words about their MoveOnBoot, and that they already have another free program for doing the unlocking of files and folders.

Now I have to admit that I never checked before making the suggestion - and once again I have to remove my foot from my mouth - but the good news is, this tool already exists, and coming from EMCO, we know it is going to work. To read all about it and get your own copy of it, please click here, or check the link in the right-hand margin.

And before I head into the kitchen for another cup of coffee, let me say thank you very much to Igor for pointing out all this to me. And I do have an excuse, Igor, for not looking before I leaped.
My trusted old XP computer died last week, and I've been busy setting up and loading up this new one, and my attention has not always been on the right things. Sorry about that. This new computer has the x64 operating system with Vista Home Premium, so that may explain why I have not been reading many web pages this last few days.... I am about |------| this far away from once again dumping the Vista like I did on my other one, and install the RC of Windows 7,
which is everything we hoped Vista might be but wasn't. Windows 7 fixes all that, and nobody is more pleased than I am. At last, Windows that really kicks ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment