Monday, August 17, 2009

Today's best flower picture.....

And it makes one helluva nice background wallpaper on the monitor, too. :)

I just used that little Speakeasy icon on the right-hand margin to connect to Speakeasy's Seattle site, for a comparison "race" between this Vista Home Premium and Windows 7 Ultimate on my other rig.....and there isn't as much difference as there used to be before Vista got its SP2. However, my favourite, the Windows 7, is still clearly the winner by a nose!

Vista Home Premium with SP2:-
Downloads at 2774 K-bits/sec. = 346.8 K-bytes/sec.
Uploads at 685 K-bits/sec. = 85.6 K-bytes/sec.

Windows 7 Ultimate Release Candidate:-
Downloads at 2829 K-bits/sec. = 353.6 K-bytes/sec.
Uploads at 687 K-bits/sec. = 85.9 K-bytes/sec.

Windows 7 is not only a little quicker, it's also smoother and more user-friendly, and now that I've got another new machine with Vista on it for comparison, rather than trying to judge it by my old hopped-up home-built with the XP Pro, I can easily notice the advantages of having the Windows 7 instead of its parents. There's just no substitute for youth and good looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment