Wednesday, September 9, 2009

64-bit Windows and security programs....

This is something I found on using Avast Home on a Windows 64-bit operating system, and I'm including it here, because it helps to explain some of the differences between a 32-bit (x86) operating system and a 64-bit (x64) operating system. Luckily, the same security program that I'm presently using on my Windows 7 (32-bit) PC is also fully compatible with this Vista 64-bit that I got most recently. I like Avast security software, not just because they make a freebie version, but most of all because it really works - unlike some other brands I could name.

There's a lot of different brands, and a lot of pure unadulterated bullshit in the security game, and you definitely can't believe everything you read. The 'Good Guys' cover your ass as well as their own, while the others only cover their own asses, while treating you to the well-known old Mushroom Philosophy: Keep 'em in the dark and feed 'em horseshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment