Friday, September 11, 2009

Me and my Acer computer...

You'd think this means you'd get a response when you sent them an email, wouldn't you? Well, Pilgrim, you'd be dead wrong about that. You have to send them one email, then wait two weeks while they fail to respond, and then send them another email more pointedly worded this time, to make sure you got their attention, because it isn't easy - trust me.

I have been trying to get them to say whether or not my newest Acer desktop just recently purchased will qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 7 from its installed-at-the-factory Vista (ugh!) after Windows 7 comes out on October 22nd, to wild applause. I actually did get an answer today to my second email - sorta. The first problem communicating with Acer is that English is definitely not their preferred language. Next, I'm informed in somewhat garbled tones that they don't recognize their own 22-digit alpha-numeric serial number, and they request another one called the SNID number - another 11 digits. I'm immediately thinking "if they can't (or won't) recognize their own goddamned serial number, then what the hell am I doing buying this piece of shit?"

I re-sent the serial number they can't understand, along with the date of manufacture, (2009/05/21) and that SNID number, and for good measure reminded them of the model numbers of this thing. I am awaiting their next response in fractured English. They obviously can't afford to hire one of us palefaces who speaks fluent North American. Anybody else out there having any similar fun with Tiawan's Ah So Workee Four Uz Kompyootering Kumpknee???
If so, my complete sympathy to you. I bet you won't do that again, will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment