Saturday, September 26, 2009

Mirror, mirror, on the wall....


Now you know why I don't do this very often - who needs to be reminded they look 110? This was one of the reasons I started calling myself the 'Oldest Living Blogger' back about four and a half years ago, when I first started that first other blog. A gal working for the Associated Press in Chicago stumbled onto it, and wrote about it in 'USA Today', and the guys who were developing that other blog program at the time got all excited and began thinking we were famous or something. Famous, Hell! We vanished from the radar even faster than it found us. Just another momentary curiosity, Folks... But anyway, I proved I could grab a headline using pure bullshit, just like the pros do. For real fun, though, I still like to unspin the spin-doctors. I had a lot of fun with that for several years while I was doing that daily fax to Dear Editor at our local daily paper back when the politicians here were at each other's throats. That was before I discovered computers. Since then, it's even easier to shoot from the lip, and send it almost anywhere. But I'm mellowing in my old age, and being nicer these days. Although sometimes I wonder why.... the political world seems to have just as many unprincipled rank opportunists and two-faced lyin' bastards as it ever had, and there never was a shortage of either.  'Dubya' has to be a prime example; if he had one more brain cell, it would be terribly lonely!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, have a good Sunday! I'm pleased to see a nice photo of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...nice photo..."

    Those were better 40 years ago, before my skin got five sizes too big for what's in it, and I still had my own hair and teeth. Old age would be a lot more fun if we didn't fall apart before we can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!

    Dd you know we already look similar, and we will match perfectly when I´ll be your age!!! I´m 58 (old fart me). But I enjoy life more than ever before!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I hope you continue to enjoy life when you do reach my age. By then, you will know that most of our lives, we've been worrying about the wrong things.

    ReplyDelete