Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Pentax X70 showing 24X optical zoom....

At last - a small camera with big optical zoom and other good things. Now I can forget about digital zooming. If it can't be captured with 24X optical zoom, forget it! You probably don't need it all that badly.

Did I mention that this is quite new, and that Pentax has done a nice job on it? They've had a lot of experience making cameras, and they're still doing it right. I guess now I can retire my Pentax zoom 105-R, or maybe not - it still works perfectly too.

2 comments:

  1. I also have a vintage Nikon steel SLR to throw away - but I can't! It's a good camera, although heavy by today's standards. I will put in a film every now and then.
    Ray, i have a feeling that photography would be the right passion for you: it keeps you out and about (nah you're not going to do tabletop macros haha) and is so much fun and so easy to share in this digital world. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right. Most of my life, it was the cost and the bother of films that held me back. But now that we've got 4Gb SDHC cards, and spare batteries, and practically no limits on what we can photograph, it's a whole new ballgame now. It's just amazing what some of these new
    digital cameras can do.

    ReplyDelete