Sunday, September 13, 2009

Yes, sometimes I do see the sunrise....

And this morning, so did you! Enjoy your day, everyone....

Speaking of new computers (weren't we?) I started the new Acer this morning and it didn't! Everything happened like it should, except the monitor screen stayed totally black - nothing. I tried using the 3 special recovery disks, and they didn't do anything either. It was new just a month ago yesterday. Performance like this is absolutely breath-taking. And now you'll have to excuse me while I recite two minutes worth of my favourite cuss-words.....and now you know why I have two computers even though there's only one of me. I really need a spare!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, I like it when you're furious ;-))
    Have a good start into the new week with all your computers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody thinks I bought a new computer because I needed one. What I really got it for was so that I can test my new adjustable carrying strap on it, hauling it back and forth to the repair shop :)
    And he needs the business a lot more than I need the computer. Maybe I should have bought a Mac, and maybe he should have kept on selling them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, everything goes through all the proper motions during start-up, except that there's nothing displayed on the screen. It has all the symptoms of a graphics card problem - It's an nVidia card, and I've had problems with their drivers before. They tend to make big all-inclusive ones that are supposed to work on almost anything, but often don't. But I need to get the visuals back before I can get into changing that. So it's a "catch-22" situation.

    ReplyDelete