Thursday, October 22, 2009

At last, ready to use again....


The monitor's new, and a 22-inch instead of the old 19-inch that died, and the operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate, instead of Vista Home Premium, and I've now got most of the essentials loaded into it. The rest will come over the coming days, as they are wanted.

Until I tried wrestling my way through Vista again, I hadn't realized how comfortable by comparison Windows 7 really is. It will sound corny, but I'll say it anyway - I could write a commercial for Windows 7, and mean every word of it sincerely. And I hasten to add right here that I never thought I'd ever say that about any Microsoft program. But to be fair, they have shown a wonderful improvement in their attitudes toward the end users lately, and we all fervently hope they keep that up. We were not amused at being talked down to even if we aren't in the same league as those Redmond experts. And it's nice Microsoft's people have finally realized that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar for sure. Is this the start of a 'new era'? I certainly hope so. It's definitely time.

No comments:

Post a Comment