Thursday, October 22, 2009

Goodbye, Windows Vista - Rest In pieces!

After I spent hours getting the freshly-replaced Vista updated and equipped with a few programs, it decided to quit rebooting, and I had to punch and hold the power switch on the tower to make it shut down, and then restart it again to do a reboot. That was the very last goddamned straw! Out, Out, Damned Spot!!!

I grabbed my DVD for Windows 7 RC, and my memo of spare Key codes for that, and put Windows 7 RC onto this freshly-repaired Vista PC. And I'll never be sorry. Vista happens to be the most frustrating computer program I've ever seen, touched, or been forced to work with - and I will absolutely never do that ever again. Whew! Am I glad to be rid of that!

And you haven't enjoyed computering until you've tried two PCs with Windows 7 on them. Why? In a word, HomeGroup. With that (only available for computers using Windows 7) you can share libraries and their folders, which is Windows 7 talk for exchanging the contents of your "My Documents" folder, or your "My Pictures" folder, and etc., between the two or more member computers sharing a common HomeGroup. Your own private little network, in other words. You should try it. It's a lot more fun than creating disks or hooking up special cables to move stuff from one computer to the other. You do it all with a few mouse-clicks. Windows 7 is a light-year or two ahead of Vasta Vista - trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment