Wednesday, October 7, 2009

'Oldest Living Blogger' asks....Do you watch CNN ?

I sometimes try to watch it, but I always fail. I only last for a few minutes, until those strident loudmouths succeed in irritating the hell out of me, and then I have to switch channels before I throw something heavy at my TV.

I tried again this evening, and before I knew it, there they were again - a bunch of those smug, self-important know-it-alls doing their damnedest to drown out their two or three fellow arguers and their moderator. Everybody talking at once, everybody repeating half a sentence, everybody getting frustrated, and the viewers, if at all like myself, wondering what the hell these idiots think they're trying to get across to the public - other than the fact that CNN is the home of strident and obnoxious Ugly Americanism at its worst. And what can we expect from an outfit begun by Ted Turner, the acknowledged "Mouth of the South" and himself a well-known shit-disturber who seems to thrive on controversial comments?  When I want news, I don't want some smart-assed bigot's opinions - I just want the facts. Not manipulation or conjecture, just straightforward honest reporting. I can bend it all out of shape myself after I get it, thanks. Just give me the raw material without the window-dressing or the applesauce. I've got an I.Q. more than twice my shoe size - I'll figure it out. And CNN? If bullshit really baffled brains, the country wouldn't be in such an unprecedented mess. Would I lie to you? 



2 comments:

  1. Not only just CNN, I think we've got those arrogant know-betters in more and more news rooms across the world. I also prefer to get RAW data, and do my own processing, so to speak. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike, Monsieur!

    Enjoy your day, too!

    ReplyDelete