Sunday, October 11, 2009

That old 'recycled' lighting fixture from the Big Blue Bin


The standard equipment on this fixture is three 8-inch milk-glass globes, and I have them, but instead I'm using these three other glasses, also 'recycled' from that Big Blue Bin. And if you're wondering "Why would the Old Fart use 30-year-old fixtures and obsolete milk-glass shades, instead of something newer?"

Because: (1) Dear Old Granny, rest her fanatically-religious soul, had among her many sayings one that goes: 'Waste Not, Want Not', and (2) Being old myself, I like old things that remind me of my misspent youth, when I knew better but didn't give a damn. I hasten to add that I have to qualify that last remark: it doesn't include ex-wives, or mothers-in-law affectionately known as 'Old Fang'. Any questions ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment