Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Today's Trivia: a little of this and that....


It's a dreary day outside, so here's a 'flashback' to last summer's flowers in one of the big pots outside our front entrance. I'm quite clueless about their names, but I do admire their looks - much like with pretty girls that I happen to see. 

Today's Trivia Question is:- "Can choosing different bedtime snacks influence the kinds of dreams you have during the night?"  The reason I wonder is because a sandwich made with chunky cheese bread and a couple of slices of medium cheddar for filling seems to have something to do with dreaming about travelling and aircraft flying overhead. That's how it all developed last night anyway. I was going someplace, and when I looked up, there was this cute little Learjet circling around overhead. It had blue wings and a blue roof on the fuselage, and part of the tail was also blue. The other parts of it were white. I remember thinking it would be fun to throw that around the sky for an hour or so on a nice day.
Then I woke up. That's the trouble with dreams...

It looked like this, except colored as mentioned above. I have no idea why, but it was a nice dream anyway. Where those dreams come from still mystifies me, and how they get edited is another puzzle. What or who decides on their contents? And what does a cheese sandwich have to do with Learjets?  
 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it´s the brain doing some de-fragmentation, lol.

    Some time ago, I also had several dreams about...Lear Jets!
    I like this type of aircraft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back in the 1950s and 60s there was a series of cute ads on the theme of "I dreamed I conquered Mt. Everest in my Maidenform Bra" or "I dreamed I was the belle of the ball in my Maidenform Bra" or whatever....

    Maybe, we're dreaming of being Captains of the Clouds, or something.
    When I was much younger and more impulsive, I was taking pilot training in our air force for a while, but I didn't make it, because I couldn't stand all the spit and polish and bullshit that went with it. They don't like guys who have a mind of their own in there. But more recently, I haven't been off the ground for decades, if we don't count a couple of spectacular motorcycle crashes, and a car wreck or two.

    ReplyDelete