Wednesday, December 16, 2009

This little game from Ancient Egypt....


Uses Adobe's Shockwave Player, but Adobe hasn't made one that works properly for this since back about version 9 or 10, several years back. Every time I re-install the O/S for any reason, and I've been doing that a lot this past year, while testing Windows 7, I can't get my little game working again until I go looking for an archived version of Shockwave, from about version 8 or 9 - because all the more modern versions have missing bits called Xtras, which Adobe in all its genius took out of the former full versions, and put into separate files, and only include a few they think you might want, but never seem to need. The ones you need, like the decompressor one are always missing for some reason. So today's Question Everything is "Why the hell can't Adobe get all their little bits in the same goddamned file like they used to before they forgot how?" Do I have to tell them everything? 

No comments:

Post a Comment