Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Another helpful utility....

A few months ago, I bought a couple of little flash memory sticks, to use in a USB port on the PCs along with the 'ReadyBoost' feature of Windows, which promises to speed up performance by using the flash drive as more responsive caching than a hard drive, for example.


One of those stopped working about the same time I was getting rid of some malware one day, and I removed it, figuring it had had it. Today, I learned I was wrong. I couldn't get it to accept a  new formatting but found an online recovery tool on their website which magically does wipe it all clean, and re-format it for fresh use.


So if you're using a Transcend USB Flash Drive, you can go on their website, and use the model number of it to get to the download for that online recovery tool. You do need to download a small program, because it has to be able to search your computer for its flash drive for fixing. Then you just follow the directions, and in a few moments, your flash stick is once more ready to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment