Sunday, March 14, 2010

More about Windows 7

One thing that I liked about XP Pro was the nice selection of various cursors available, and I especially liked the gold ones. I still have those official Windows files on a CD, and tonight I discovered that by opening that file, and dragging & dropping the ones I want into the Windows 7 files in Windows\Cursors, I can again use those XP cursors. So everything old is new again, Kiddies. When you get them into the Cursors folder in Windows, just go onto the Start button, type cursors in the box,  then choose 'change how the mouse pointer looks' to get the selection window for choosing. When it comes up, highlight your Windows 7 pointer in the list, choose 'browse', and look down the list for the new one you want. Select it, and click on 'Apply'. Click OK to get out of there, and you've now got the new cursor.

If you want to make sure it doesn't get changed by another theme you might choose later on, make sure you remove the check mark from the box beside 'Allow themes to change mouse pointers'.

No comments:

Post a Comment