Wednesday, March 3, 2010

More signs of Spring -


It's the annual general meeting and voting for board members for the Mountain Equipment Co-op, and these days, with on-line voting, it's a lot more convenient than it used to be when we had all that paperwork, and then had to trek off to the Post Office in the rain to mail our ballots. This way, we're saving the trees, and staying dry all at the same time. I think I like it.

And in today's email, I made another discovery: if you have a PayPal account, and you don't use it for three years, like I didn't use mine, then they'll automatically close it for you. And I'm just guessing here, but if I haven't used it at all in three years, then I probably don't need it very badly anyway. I got it because I thought I might have problems using an ordinary credit card for on-line transactions, but that wasn't a problem. For those rare occasions when it might be, there's always Kagi, which also does everything PayPal can do. Just Google them, and see. Why have I used Kagi instead of PayPal? Because it was recommended by a friend, and it works just fine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment