Thursday, May 20, 2010

As the sun sinks slowly in the west....


This is a typical summer sunset, in the northwest, almost as far along our northwestern horizon as it will ever get even on the longest day, which will be upon us in another month. Imagine - the year's almost half over already! You've probably heard it before, but I'll repeat it again - the older we get, the faster it seems to go. Or is that because we're no longer quite keeping up to it?

I was surprised yesterday by a nice friendly email from my distant sister back in the flatlands of Ontario, writing to tell me that she's still alive and well, and enquiring after my own state of health. At my age, I'm often not too sure, and it seems to sometimes change almost from hour to hour. Dwelling on it doesn't help a whole lot, for the most part. I think our technology is working against our better health, too. Sitting here pecking away on the computer isn't nearly as good for us as taking a walk around the neighbourhood, even though it might be a bit more interesting.

Anyway, I hope my sister is reading this sometimes, and can enjoy the pictures, and perhaps even the babblings of older brother here. If you are looking in, Joan, I still love ya, sport, and hang in there! Say 'hi' to the in-laws and outlaws for me please.

No comments:

Post a Comment