Monday, May 3, 2010

Meanwhile, back in the swamp.....


This is the kind of day we're having here today - blustery and wet, and designed to shake the loose husks off the newly-emerged leaves and flowers, and test your windows for rattles, and I'm not trying to make fun of Microsoft - but I could.  I think their Windows Live Mail needs a much better spam filtering system. Or any at all. Who wants to have to open an email just to get rid of it? That's how the bugs get in.

Is Microsoft making it easy for the bugs to get in so that they can create work for those friendly folks who are constantly flogging their anti-virus programs? For that matter, I've also wondered if those anti-virus guys are quietly manufacturing some of those worms and trojans and rootkits just to justify their own existence.  Wouldn't be surprised - it  wouldn't be the first time that somebody created a problem so that they could then create a solution for it. The cosmetics industry springs to mind as a classic example of that. They've been flogging useless goop at exorbitant prices ever since the first woman looked into a mirror and said, "My God! I look terrible! - pass me the dinosaur grease and the powdered chalk, and the lotus-petal extract...."


Enjoy your day, Everyone!

__________________________________________________________________ 

No comments:

Post a Comment