Sunday, May 2, 2010

More musings from 'Oldest Living Blogger' ....

  While I was at the nearby Chrysler dealer's the other day, recovering from the shock of paying them $491.89 for their Spring Special Oil Change & Filter Replacement for only $50.00, we got talking about the new cars, and I went into my favourite lament about pensioners not being able to qualify for car loans, even though our income is more secure than yours is.

The Sales Manager happened to be listening to this rant, and he said, "Ray, you're not up to date with your facts. These days, pension income is considered as income for the purpose of making car loans, and as far as we're concerned, it's the best kind of income there is."  I took a deep breath, and said, "Really? - We ought to talk some more about this. I quit smoking a while back, and now I've got an extra $300.00 a month walking around money."  The Sales Manager said, "There's your payment right there! And if you want to talk about this, I'm ready whenever you are." 

There's probably going to be more to this story, so stay tuned, Folks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment