Friday, May 21, 2010

More musings from 'Oldest Living Blogger' ....


After clouds like these finally lifted from our north shore mountains late in the day yesterday, I noticed that there was a sprinkling of fresh snow on the trees at the higher elevations on the hilltops. This 'Global Warming' sure had me fooled - I thought it meant 'warmer' not 'wear your snuggies today, Gramps!'. I'd ask, "What's the world coming to?" but I think I already know - no good!

To all those of you who, like myself, are addicted to those many wonderful freebies out there in cyberspace, like for example the free anti-virus programs which I should point out do not automatically install their own latest updates, you really should update those periodically, Folks. They can't protect you from the latest bad stuff if they don't have their latest database installed. Those are usually issued daily, even for the freebies like 'AVG Free'. Speaking of that one, I like Avast better. It's also free, but unlike most 'freebies' it does update itself automatically in case you forget to remember, or remember to forget. It's one of the most full-featured and best-working anti-virus programs there are, whether free or not.



For the curious among you, wondering why I'm pecking away on a blog in the middle of the night, please let me remind you this is one of the joys of retirement - being able to do things like this. I can sleep when I'm tired, eat when I'm hungry, cuss when I need to, and fart like a racehorse anytime! I'm totally invisible to everyone under 65 except car dealers, charity groups, politicians, pollsters, and tax collectors. Speaking of the latter, do you know the difference between a tax collector and a taxidermist? - The taxidermist leaves the hide!


_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment