Friday, June 4, 2010

My TV came back.... looking good !


Just over a week ago, I returned my 27-inch Toshiba CRT television set to Future Shop in the mall, because the picture on about half the channels was jumping up and down rapidly, as if it had lost its Vertical Hold. That set was only 3 years old, and fortunately for me, I had purchased their 5-year Service Plan with it.

A nice young lady from Future Shop called me last evening at suppertime to say that my TV had come back from the service center, and it was not repairable, so I should come over and bring back the remote for it, and pick up my new TV.

After we got the paperwork taken care of, she called over a salesman from the TV department, and he said, "Follow me, and I'll find you a TV. We don't have any tube-type TVs any longer, so this will be a flat-screen LCD." It sure is! The one he chose for me is a 32-inch Dynex which can also be used as computer monitor if desired, because it has all the features and connections for that, as well as its TV functions.

The little girl at the Service Counter asked, "How do you like your new TV so far?" I said, " I brought in a big old CRT 27-inch that I could barely lift, because it weighed over 88 pounds, and this one is a nice LCD and it only weighs about 26 pounds, and I can easily move it around by myself - so I think this is just wonderful! I love doing business with you guys. Now - May I have another Service Plan for this new one, please?" She said, "You certainly may! There's a 4-year plan at $120 or a 3-year plan at $100 and another less but you probably want 3 or 4 years." I gave her my credit card, and said, " The 3-year plan, please." She finished the paperwork, and said, "Enjoy your new TV!" I replied, "I certainly will, and thank you very much." 


______________________________________

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Ray!!! Sometimes those extended plans do work. Most of them dont but, you certainly made out on this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - sure did! And I got another one for the new replacement, because the salesman in their TV department said I should, because "they don't make 'em like they used to."

    ReplyDelete