Wednesday, July 7, 2010

What heatwave?

With all the talk about how most of the country is having a heatwave, I had a look at the old thermometer on the balcony, and after sunset tonight, it was still reading 80 F. This isn't exactly a heatwave, but it's about the warmest it has been yet this summer.  So far this year, around here, we've been grumbling about the cool and wet weather - not the heat. Out here on the coast, it very seldom gets into 'heatwave' territory, and when it does, it's a nice change from the usual.


_____________________________________________________

4 comments:

  1. You know Ray, you're sounding more and more like a salesman, trying to get people to move to and buy property in Vancouver...Lately it's been sounding real nice.

    Today, I think, is cooler. It's way down to 97F from 102F yesterday. Our pool is even reaching the high 80's.

    UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a salesman, definitely. I have an
    old pal back east, enduring a heatwave just now, so I've been reporting on our weather for comparison, that's all. But I think we can all agree, things seem to be changing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also heatwave over here - and I love it! I'm a heat person.
    It's around 30Cel, occasionally even 35Cel.
    I wish it'd never end...
    Flying to Gran Canaria on Wednesday - for 3 weeks.
    Have a good weekend Ray.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Monsieur Beep:

    I'm like you - I like it warm. Where I grew up, it seemed like winter lasted about half the year, and the rest was just poor sledding. Out here on the "wet coast" we don't get a lot of really hot weather, because the ocean temperature is only in the low 40s (F), so that keeps it cool as a rule. When it does get warm, I love it.

    When you take off for Bikini Land, remember your camera! We want some shots of the 'wildlife' there :)
    please....

    ReplyDelete