Monday, October 25, 2010

Brief hint of sunset on a nasty day




I resisted the urge to 'twiddle' with this one. This is just how it came from the camera, but re-sized to make it more manageable for posting. Almost in the exact center, between the    tallest treetops and just under the bottom edge of the bright patch, there's a float-plane going away from us, over Georgia Strait toward Vancouver Island.  I hasten to add that was not my reason for taking this shot - it was just a happy coincidence after I looked at the finished image. There's a lot of these float-planes around here, though, so it isn't unusual. This almost-sunset was the one bright spot in an otherwise gloomy day around here - a day when it went from lightly raining to pouring like a tall cow peeing on a flat rock :)

___________________________________________________

5 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting term Ray, "float-plane". I call that a seaplane..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tommy -

    You call them "seaplanes" because when they hit the water, the sea often swallows them. We call them "float-planes" because up here in the Great White North the water's harder, and they often bounce back
    on top and stay floating. Any questions? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Steve -

    Thanks, Steve.... I'll give it a look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, I think you've explained the difference quite well :-)

    ReplyDelete