Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Those autumn leaves.... a flashback.


Here's a scan of an old 9" by 12" plexi-mounted photo from about 2000 or 2001, and it hasn't aged well at all, color-wise. Maybe hanging it in the bathroom hasn't exactly helped it.


Here's my humble attempt at restoring some of the colors to the brighter leafed trees, and in particular, those maples among the buildings. Those were a mixture of reds and oranges and yellows, in a blend that suggested a large bonfire. This doesn't do it justice, really. Now that I've taken a closer look at all that, and how much my old photo has changed over time, I'm wondering why I've saved it all this time, because it doesn't look now at all like it did at the time it was taken. "Time marches on, trampling everything underfoot."

_________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment