Monday, November 15, 2010

We're getting some wild weather this evening.....


But first, a look at this evening's sunset, slightly improved by a trip through PhotoStudio 5.5 and some cropping. It wasn't quite this bright in real life. Ah, the marvels of editing programs!


And as long as I'm editing things, here's a preview of the full moon on November 21st..... and do I hear you asking "What are we - stupid?" - No, Kiddies, you ain't! So, what is this, then? This is one of the best shots of a full moon I ever took, except it isn't a moon at all - it's the 10-inch milk-glass globe of my hanging lamp over the bed, taken without flash of course, and then with the background blacked out to simulate a night sky. Works for me! It's even a better color than the real thing I think.

Meanwhile, what about this wild weather? There's another strong frontal system going through this evening, and it brought with it a brief but very loud thunderstorm a while back, followed by clearing sky and stars visible, and lately some strong winds. My pie-plate "flying saucer" out on the deck is certainly flying tonight. It keeps periodically crashing into another one nearby and getting dented, so after this I'll have to fix it I guess, or make a new one. But one thing that I'm learning from it is that the air currents outside on the deck are a lot more complex than I'd ever imagined. Those two pie-plate "flying saucers" are doing loops and dives and circles and all sorts of wild maneuvers and clanging loudly whenever they hit each other. Who needs wind chimes?

____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment