Sunday, December 12, 2010

A little of this 'n that from Oldest Living Blogger


This is a brewery in the U.K. that has a nice website, and if things like its cute images amuse you, then you'll enjoy it. You can also send a free Christmas ecard to friends, relatives, inlaws, outlaws, or people you don't even like because it's a dandy, and it doesn't cost you a farthing. " What's a farthing, Grandpa?" And the answer is: "There's no such thing now, since the year 1960, when those were withdrawn from use - but when they were a legal coin in Merry Old England, a farthing was worth one-quarter of a penny." Imagine! A quarter of a penny!

Am I the only driver sitting in the gridlock at an intersection where our line is going to make a turn, and I'm looking at the boob in front of me who has the turn signal blazing away in my face and thinking, in time to the flashes, "Idiot! - Idiot! - Idiot!" - What's the point of annoying the hell out of your fellow drivers by flashing your signals in their faces when you're stopped at a light and can't move for two or three minutes? All you're doing by that is wearing out your flashers for nothing, and all those are saying to the rest of us is that here's a driver with his mind in neutral and his I.Q. out to lunch! You don't need a signal until you have somewhere to go and you're able to move.


Anyone remember when you could put a set of tires on your car for a hundred bucks? Multiply that by ten now, Kiddies. And the tires you get for it aren't going to do a whole lot more for you than those 4-for-a-hundred ones did, back in the Fabulous Fifties, when a 1957 Chevy was King of the Road, and my 1957 Ford was the worst Monday Morning Special ever pushed off the assembly line. I've never bought another Ford since, nor do I intend to. How many new cars have you ever had that died on the side of the road with only 308 miles on the odometer? None, I betcha. You lucky rascal, you! I wish I could say that!



2 comments:

  1. I went to their web site and I tried to get in but they said they didn't think I was over 18 years old...Can you imagine that?

    hehe

    Send me one of their cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Uncle Ron and anyone else who would like to try getting into that website, a little note:

    After you enter your birthdate in the big birthdate places, and before you try to click on those two buttons for 'Full' or 'Light' to enter the site, remember to add a check-mark in the box that follows the words "I drink for taste". Without that, it rejects you with those rather snarky remarks. The Hobgoblin isn't a gentle lover, my friends!

    ReplyDelete