Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Salvaging old film print


This was in my Pentax film camera for over a year before being developed, and when it was finally processed a couple of weeks ago, it came out very grainy and nothing like it might have been originally. But rather than just throw it out, I tried using an editing program to sample and bucket-fill various areas of it, so the colors would be more even and more consistent. This is the result. It almost looks like a painting. One of those 'paint-by-numbers' ones, perhaps.
 

2 comments:

  1. "'paint-by-numbers' ones"

    Does sort of look like one of those, don't it... Do they still make those? My, dearly departed, Grandmother used to love to paint those things.. The problem I always had was trying to stay inside the lines.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tommy -

    "The problem I always had was trying to stay inside the lines.. :-) "

    I've had that very same problem now
    with about ten former gal-pals....
    Am I a Slow Learner?

    ReplyDelete