Friday, February 11, 2011

Fun with Windows 7

My problem is that I like to 'tinker' with the established system, and try to improve it a bit. For example, I've just spent about an hour finding, then downloading the old 3D Bronze cursor set from XP, and putting it into the Windows 7 system.

First, it was in the form of a .rar file format, so I had to get 7-zip installed first, to be able to unpack the files. Then, there was a little tinkering with the C:\Windows\Cursors folder, to add another sub-folder inside it to contain the 'new' set of cursors from XP. 

Then, back to the Control Panel -> Mouse -> Pointers -> Browse to go to that new folder to select the bronze pointer I like using.  And at last, I've got my favorite pointer working again. Today's Question Everything is: "Why couldn't the Microsoft folks make these available for us as an optional extra?" There must be lots of us who loved our XP cursors and still do, and still want to use them. Without modifying the program, that is...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment