Thursday, June 23, 2011

Indians return ?


We're now at a point where we're saying "I'll believe it when I see it" because there have been several aborted attempts recently to revitalize this original brand, and none has succeeded yet. I love the look of this classic old bike. It takes me back to my wild and crazy youth when I dreamed of one day being a hotshot biker and 'king of the road' on a motorcycle that would turn heads.

It's several decades later now, and I know what it's like to be a 'hotshot biker' who leaves hunks of his butt cheeks on all the most interesting corners in beautiful British Columbia, and rides a motorcycle that can turn heads. And I still get a warm and fuzzy feeling from looking at those old-time bikes that inspired me to try all this, but would I actually buy one if they appeared in a local bike showroom? No! I prefer the rush of my ZX-10 with its 10,000 RPM redline, and 137 Hp and top speed of 180 MPH. They didn't make bikes like this when I was dreaming about those old Indians. My ZX-10 is no youngster either, but it's like having your own jet fighter. As one noted bike writer said of these bikes, "There are few cars on the planet that can keep these in sight." And I love it passionately!

No comments:

Post a Comment