Sunday, October 2, 2011

Another almost-sunrise....

This certainly isn't a noteworthy sunrise, except for two points: it's 7:30 A.M., and the sky is about 85% clear.  We haven't seen a lot of clear skies around here this summer. And Thaimi, if you're reading this, I don't think I'll take your suggestion of going back and counting the few nice summery days we had. It would be far too depressing, my dear.

Trish and Don are my neighbors on the floor above, and I sometimes make a copy of a movie for them that I hope they or their little ones may enjoy, and in return, Trish sometimes bakes me a batch of peanut butter cookies. The last time we talked about that, she asked if there was anything special I'd like in the cookies. I suggested possibly some chocolate chips, and she said that they don't keep chocolate chips around, because she's allergic. I said not to worry about it, and please don't go to a lot of bother.

Time passes, and yesterday while I'm once more sitting here spending too much time on this computer, Don knocked on the door, and handed me a plastic container of peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips in them! He said, "Try to make them last more than one day - I dare you!" And I replied, "If they're anything like the last batch, Don, I'm going to have a very difficult time doing that." Around bedtime last night, I decided on a snack, so I made a cup of coffee, and opened the cookie jar. I had one, and then another, and another, and began to feel very comfortable.  I woke up sitting here with one hand on the cookie jar and my head on the keyboard, some time later on, thinking "Gee - I'm glad Trish and Don can't see me now!" They wouldn't know that I have a habit of falling asleep over the keyboard here and waking up hours later, with a kink in my neck, and other assorted aches and pains. Three or four times, I've fallen off my chair, and that's not a nice way to wake up.  

So today's Question Everything is: "Why can't they make softer keyboards?" Or maybe, "Why don't computers have a 'no-doze' alarm?" (Easy! Rig the webcam so that when your head disappears from the frame, it sets off a sound effect of your choice built into the computer's program. - Do I have to tell you guys everything?)

And Trish - these cookies are absolutely delicious! And Don, I did make them last more than one day, but it wasn't easy.

3 comments:

  1. Ray said...
    "And Thaimi, if you're reading this, I don't think I'll take your suggestion of going back and counting the few nice summery days we had. It would be far too depressing, my dear."

    I think you're right, Ray; bad idea! :-(

    BUT...I LOVE the idea of having peanut butter cookies...WITH chocolate chips in 'em! Great idea! I think I'll have to try making a batch! :-)

    Too funny re: you're falling asleep "at the wheel," Ray! Can't believe you've fallen out of your chair! Oh MY! Take care of yourself! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ TC[Girl]

    I now have a whole new interpretation for the term
    'computer crash'

    ReplyDelete