Tuesday, December 20, 2011

If your doctor says "Cut out the sugar!" here's a great substitute.


This is a natural product, has more good things in it than white or brown sugar, and is approved as a sugar substitute for diabetics and others who should not use regular sugars, and don't like the artificial sweeteners.

It's a bit on the pricey side compared to the old 'white death', but it tastes nice and it lets you enjoy your coffee with sugar in it in the same amounts as you would use ordinary sugar, and still be following your doctor's orders.

My thanks to my old friend Peter, now wintering in Florida, for this very helpful suggestion. Now, I can still enjoy my coffee like before, and my doctor won't have to nag me about it. I might even get him using it if he isn't already. Us old bikers have to look after each other. Works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Short 'P.S.' ->

    The package is a gold color, because that's what you need lots of to buy it. This 180-gram package was $5.99 Canadian, which works out to about $15.13 per pound. I got some because my curiosity got the best of my common sense, but from now on I'm looking for something cheaper, like Splenda for example.

    This coconut sugar has been around for hundreds of years in Southeast Asia, and it's made from the sap of the flowers on the coconut palm.
    That sap isn't the only sap involved in this whole process!
    How do YOU spell 'Ripoff' ?

    ReplyDelete