Wednesday, January 4, 2012

To 'Uncle Ron' .....



Uncle Ron said..."You two guys kill me...It's all about food...I never heard of Chunky Cheese bread...Does it have big chunks of cheese in it? If it does then how can you toast it? Does the cheese melt down and end up in the crumb drawer?"


 Good Morning, Uncle Ron!


"It's all about food", because our sex lives are only two-thirds as good as ever; we are still able to think about it, and we are still able to talk about it.... and I'm surprised that a guy who loves to cook, like yourself, has never heard of Chunky Cheese Bread. "Does it have big chunks of cheese in it?" - Not any more, but it started out with actual chunks of cheddar cheese in the dough, and those would melt into the bread as it baked. These days, for whatever reasons, it doesn't have those actual chunks, but it does have a nice cheesy taste and color, and there are some melted cheese spots in the crust, making the crust one of the best parts. "How do you toast it?" - Very carefully! No, I'm just kidding you - it toasts very well and it's delicious with orange marmalade on it. I think the toasting problem may have been the reason why it no longer has actual chunks of cheddar throughout the bread, but has cheese in another form mixed in the dough. "Does the cheese melt down and end up in the crumb drawer?" Sometimes, there might be a piece from the crust get into the crumb drawer, but on average it isn't a big problem. You won't find yourself dumping the crumb drawer any more often.


"Don't mind me...I'm just sitting here with my first cup of coffee reading your blogs...I've got my sixth to last radiation treatment this morning at 8:30 AM...I told the doc yesterday that I felt like my visits were part of my normal daily routine...What will I do when they're over? ...(pause)...Only an old dude like myself would make such a dumb statement...."

I'm just having my first cup of coffee as I write this. The doctor said the other day "Cut out the sugar!" but I've never enjoyed a cup of coffee without sweetener, and that artificial stuff just doesn't do it for me. I don't think it's all that healthy for you either. My blood pressure was already enough of a problem without having an artificial sweetener making it worse. So instead of choking down a cup of coffee without sweetening in it, I treat myself to at least this first of the day with real honest-to-God sugar in it. 

It's a damned shame you didn't catch that Prostate problem in time to get the brachytherapy with the radioactive pellets inserted directly into it. Those worked like a charm for me, and as I mentioned before, it's a one-time thing, so you don't develop a long-term relationship with someone who is trying to pay off his expensive radiation treatment equipment. What will you do afterward? Hopefully, you'll outlive us all, and get rich from introducing Chunky Cheese Bread to the hungry shoppers all over South Carolina.  Enjoy your day, Ron!


1 comment:

  1. Gee Ray...I didn't know my innocent comments on your favorite cheese bread would bring on a plethora of counter-comments...

    HA-HA

    A-BLOGGING I WILL GO...
    A-BLOGGING I WILL GO...
    HIGH HO THE MERRY OH...
    A-BLOGGING I WILL GO...

    My girlfriend Margie says I resemble one of the 7 Dwarfs....GRUMPY!

    I feel more like HAPPY this AM...

    (how did you like the 50 cent word I used above?)

    ReplyDelete