Saturday, February 25, 2012

Anti-virus on Windows 8


Avast 7 doing a Quick Scan on Windows 8. Perhaps I should explain something here: as Windows 8 comes out of the box, it has its own complete built-in security programming provided by Microsoft, and this system automatically protects it and performs regular updates and scans during preset maintenance times. The scans are once daily, and you can choose the timing for them to occur, if you read the details found in System and Security (note the desktop icon on the left here).

However, I tend to be the paranoid type when it comes to protection, and I like to see it actually working. In addition, I wanted to try out this improved version of Avast with its added features like the AutoSandbox, so I've installed it. After it was first installed, I had it do a complete scan of the system, and as the results were shown, I realized that it had scanned too much data for just this one Win-8 partition on the hard-drive. It had actually scanned the complete drive's two partitions - the Windows 8 and the Windows 7. So it is working very well, and as before, that little gal announces the completion of the scan if you have your sound turned on. It's nice touches like that which make this so user-friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment