Monday, February 20, 2012

More Fine Tuning of Windows 8 .......


I've discovered that the Windows Ultimate Tweaker for Windows 7 doesn't help me to get rid of the arrows on the shortcut icons in Windows 8, like it did in 7. The cure in this case seems to be to use the Vista Shortcut Manager, which did the trick quite nicely. I like nice clean un-arrowed shortcuts. If in doubt about what it is, there's always right-clicking on it, and choosing Properties, which identifies it. I think this bird's going to fly, Folks.... And we haven't even got to the testing by the faceless unwashed masses yet.... I'd like to try this one on a touch-screen, but I'm probably too cheap to spring for those big bucks. And I have enough trouble typing on a keyboard that lies down quietly, without trying to wrestle with one that stands up at a 60 or 70 degree angle and fights back. But you never know....  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment